Cricket Kenya has advertised for the job of Head of Elite Development: -
Head of Elite Development
The performance of our national teams at all levels is of paramount importance. The Head of Elite Development will be responsible for leading the organization and coaching of national teams, the identification of promising players at all levels and the maximization of their potential and the performance of certain national teams in series and tournaments. The Head of Elite Development will be responsible for the planning, budgeting and delivery of coaching and talent development programs at all levels with particular emphasis on national and representative teams, elite players of all ages and other related duties and projects as necessary. Previous coaching and playing experience at a senior level is essential.
To apply for this position please send a letter of application, CV and details of your current salary and benefits to Tom Sears, CEO, by email to: email@example.com by Friday 3rd February.
Head of Elite Development
Chief Executive/Cricket Kenya Board
1. Purpose of the job:
2. Principal Responsibilities:
- Planning, budgeting and delivering national team programs from Men’s A team and below and assisting with the Men’s National team program.
- Ensuring comprehensive talent identification, coaching and selection programs are in place for national and representative squads and individual players
- Leading the coaching of elite squads players below Men’s National team
- Co-ordination of the activities of Elite Coaches
- Ensuring National and representative squads requirements are met in terms of training facilities, playing kit and equipment
- Assisting with the coaching of the Men’s National team as required
- Assisting in the delivery of tournaments and international/representative series
- Advising the CEO/Board on recommendations for the appointment of coaches and managers at national and representative level.
- Working with coaches at all levels to improve the overall coaching and playing standards
- Represent Cricket Kenya in an exemplary manner at all times
3. Nature and Scope of Job:
A. Job Context:
The performance of our national teams at all levels is of paramount importance. The Head of Elite Development will be responsible for leading the organization and coaching of national teams, the identification of promising players and the maximization of their potential and the performance of certain national teams in series and tournaments.
B. Working Relationships:
· Chief Executive
· National Coach
· Elite Coaches
· Development Manager
· Regional Provincial Managers
· Development Officers
· Provincial Associations
· Member clubs and schools
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Punctual and able to meet commitments at all times
· Ability to produce accurate reports and information as required
· Ability to plan, budget, organize and deliver programs and events to the highest standards
· Has played cricket at First Class level or higher